Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Archer


I sense a commissioning from the Lord.  He's laid in my lap a beautiful, high powered weapon.  A bow.  The arrows are plentiful; the tips sharp and perfectly honed.

Most mornings, I stand before my open window that overlooks the Pacific Ocean, and gaze towards Australia.  Then I take my arrows, dip them in the Word, take aim, and fire.

In faith, I specify the recipients.  And like a homing missile, they do not return void.  They accomplish all that they have been sent out to do.

It might sound weird.  I'm just doing what I'm told to do.  God says for me to use His word, and this is the way He showed me.  I'm a visionary type, so it helps me to "see" the word flying as arrows.  If you struggle with wielding the Sword, ask God to give you a way that suits your personality type.   After all, He knows you perfectly!

Isaiah 55:11  "It is the same with My word.   I send it out and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  (NLT)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment