Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gumboot or Reboot?

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."  says Jesse Duplantis.


The same actions, the same thinking, the same responses...mean you get the same results.  A track appears.  Walk it long enough, around and around and around, and you'll find yourself in a rut.   Have you ever driven a car into a rut?  Notice how it tends to grab, to hold. Life's ruts are like that.


If you've ever been on a dairy farm, you'll know cow-tracks are always thick with manure, and slippery with urine too!  Smelly.  Gumboots are essential on a dairy farm!


When you're in a rut, you just keep doing the same-old-same-old.  No forward thinking, no planning, no dreaming.  The decision is made for you.   Ruts are familiar paths going to familiar places.  Ruts of fear, disobedience, resentment, anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness will take you back, not forward; down, not up and out.


So what do we do, if our spiritual ground is a bit too familiar?  A bit too slushy underfoot, perhaps?


Choose.


Choose life!  Not death.  Blessings!  Not curses.  


How?


Obedience.  That's it in a nutshell.  Think back to the last thing God told you to do - and then DO IT.  God doesn't just keep issuing random instructions - he wants obedience!   Maybe you can't remember God ever telling you anything!  God doesn't lie - and He says we will hear His voice and obey.  (My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  John 10:27)    So it makes sense that He must be talking to us.  But are we listening?


So, start from scratch.  It's like when your computer freezes.  You don't get anywhere 'til you reboot!  Well, just reboot with God!  If you think you've messed up somewhere, (and we all do that!) just pray something like the prayer below.  He is listening and waiting to come into your heart and help you get out of the ruts, and live a better life.


Lord Jesus, I ask You to come into my life and forgive me of all my sins.  I confess my sins to You today.  I denounce satan and everything to do with him.  I confess Jesus as the Lord of my life.  Thank you for saving me!  I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that You rose from the dead.  I am saved.  I pray this to the Father in the mighty and powerful name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


Gumboot.   Or Reboot.  You get to choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment