Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lessons from the Gym

For years, I've had a weak back, weak legs, and lately, flabby arms.  I've been spending some time at the USP gym, lately, intending to focus on these areas.  Malcolm, the trainer, explained that I need to strengthen my abs and stomach...my "core".  A foundation, a core of strength, brings balance.  With balance, comes increased strength and endurance.  Everything I do is easier - and more effective - with a strong core.  A weak core makes me susceptible to injury.

It's easy to know if I am physically out of condition.  Those extra kilos are visible to all.  The spiritual condition, though, can be covered with Christian body spray.   Things I put on, to cover up the real smell.  False smiles, busy activity, anything but attention to the whiff of decay. 
Lord!  I give You permission to strengthen my core.  Let the fragrance of my heart be sweet.

1Sa 16:7  But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."   NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment